Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A little bit about me...


Hello all! Welcome...

Let's begin shall we... I was born and raised in the beautiful island of Puerto Rico. At the age of 17 I decided to come to the USA in the search of the American Dream. The only issue was that I was unable to write nor speak English... Thus, I taught myself in around 10 months. I spent a few years in New York City without family, just focused on my education. Right after, in 2002, I decided to move to Southern California. This is where I have seen a lot of my growth and challenges. I earned a Bachelors in Public Service (2004), a Masters in Public Administration (2006), a Certificate in Project Management, a Doctorate in Public Administration (2010) and a 2nd Masters in Urban & Regional Planning (2011). You can say, education is my passion. I am more of a Renaissance man. I read just because I want to (3,000 books and counting).

I been told all my life that I would never amount to anything... by mother, father, and many others. I been at the mercy of domestic violence (physical and mental), drugs (never used them, but they were around all the time). I been homeless, discriminated, based on race/color and appearance. All my life I have been told how I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH, YOU CAN'T OR WON'T"... Interestingly enough, I have managed to prove them wrong. I dont believe in excuses as they are monuments of nothingness that will always build a bridge that leads to nowhere. I don't believe in problems as they are a mere deviation from your idealize state. Who is responsible for our outcomes? We are! Who is responsible as to how we decide how situations affects us? We are!

Simple enough, I was raised by a very poor and amazing grandmother, who taught me the value of education, love, care, and simply give it all you got to your fellow man. It was my grandfather who taught me that our purpose in life, is simply to learn your talents, master them, and then simply give them away. My talents thus far, has been to teach, empower, educate, mentor, and overall help people. I am a life coach (many friends claimed I am), a health coach, an educator, teacher, and also a learner. I have one simple philosophy, I would never comment or give an advice on anything that I have no idea... Which is why I am a researcher....Also I would never offer a suggestion that I am not willing to implement myself....

Passions? I have many, education of any kind, specially and lately fitness. You see I used to weight 432 pounds. I was a size 58-60 waist, and 6xl t-shirt.

Not too happy!


 
Not too happy here either!

432 pounds!




My old pants, 58-60, now I am 32

Recent photo!
Size 6xl (old shirt), now Small...
Another view

Sorry for the graphic...



 
Today, I am a size 32 waist, and size small t-shirt.Above its the evidence.... How did I do it? There are so many ways... Send me a  comment, would be happy to help... I even created a you tube channel because many people have asked for my help! You Tube Channel (videos about my progress and education).  Here its my favorite video.... Simple, like just anything life the process of change must begin by identifying your moment of crisis... I will speak more in later post...









Thus, if you have any questions, add me as a friend on Add me as a friend on Facebook or Twitter. If you want immediate free coaching, click here and join my team, I would love to help. I am doing this for free. Why? Because many doors have opened for me that allow to me to reach my success. I want to do the same for all.

Either way, I am here to help...  whether its education, healthcare, and weight loss, feel free... This will be a site to inform all... Therefore, you may not like what I have to say, but understand that it is based on research... data, and a sound opinion.  This is all I have to say for now, welcome and let's get show started!


Sincerely,
Dr. Hiram S









2 comments:

  1. Hiram you are a true inspiration for many people, keep up the great work! And keep pushing!

    ReplyDelete